Chicken Satay & Broccoli with Almond Butter Seasame Sauce
Winter days are short and evenings are even shorter, especially when you’re trying to get dinner on the table for your busy family. What you need, instead of take-out, is a light and tasty chicken dish that’s quick and easy to make.
- 1/2, 12-ounce bag fresh broccoli florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Smooth Barney Butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared sesame vinaigrette or Chinese chicken salad vinaigrette
- 1, 6-ounce package fresh grilled chicken breast strips.
- Place 1-inch of water in a medium pot and add broccoli; cover, turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Steam broccoli for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender-crisp and still bright green. Drain and refrigerate broccoli for 20 minutes to chill. (This may be done ahead of time.)
- Meanwhile, stir together Barney Butter and sesame dressing in a small bowl. Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces; thread chicken and broccoli, alternating, onto 6 skewers.
- To serve, divide sauce among 2 small bowls, or ramekins, and place them on two small plates. Divide skewers among plates and serve. Tip: By multiplying the quantity of Barney Butter and sesame dressing, you can have a dipping sauce to use all week for vegetables, chicken, shrimp, and more.