Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These AMAZING cookies from Mangia are grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, peanut-free, and vegan! Be sure to check out Chelsy’s blog for other great diet-specific recipes.
- 1 c. Barney Bakery almond flour
- ⅓ c. coconut flour
- ½ t. fine sea salt
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¾ t. baking soda
- ¼ c. coconut oil, at room temperature (not melted, just softened)
- ⅓ c. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. Barney Butter
- ½ c. vegan chocolate chips, roughly chopped (we like Enjoy Life brand a whole lot)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond butter on high until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the almond butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the dough by rounded tablespoon and roll into a small ball using your hands.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly press down into each one of them using the palm of your hand.
- This will help flatten the cookies, as they do not spread during baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen cookies.