- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Barney Bakery Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees and coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer, blend Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter, eggs, honey, and buttermilk until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix just until moist. Stir in currants.
- Fill muffin pan with batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when gently touched.