- 1 lb soba noodles
- 1/4 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cucumber, halved, seeded, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced thin on a diagonal (green and white parts)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook soba noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree almond butter, garlic, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons almonds, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
- Place soba noodles in a large mixing bowl and add the sesame almond sauce and cilantro and toss to coat. Add cucumber, cucumber and black pepper and toss to coat. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 6-8.