- 1 large sweet potato, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 28 oz. can no-salt-added whole plum tomatoes, crushed with hands
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for almond butter and spinach in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6.
- Just before serving, stir in almond butter and fresh spinach.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.