- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 hot chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh spinach, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, and chilies. Cover and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add Barney Butter and salt to taste, stirring to make a sauce. Serve over hot your choice of meat, vegetable, grain or pasta. This sauce perks our palates right up with a subtle kick. Perfect over chicken, pork, vegetables, rice or whatever happens to be your favorite, this sauce makes weeknight meals sing.