- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Barney Butter Unsweetened Powdered Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Salt & Herbs (You can use onion granules, garlic salt, pepper, and dried basil)
- Preheat over to 375F.
- Blend the crust ingredients together (using an immersion blender, mixer, or food processor). You'll end up with a wet, doughy batter.
- Scoop this batter with a spoon and press it into either a medium-size pie/ quiche/tart tin or a few small ones. You can use two little ones to make individual quiches, but you can do it however you like, to cater to your own bakeware and so on.
- Once your dough is pressed into tins (you can use your fingers or a little spoon to press it in), bake for about 15 minutes, or until it starts to brown. When it does, take it out, allow it to cool, and top it with your quiche filling!
- To make the filling, whisk the eggs with the smoked salmon, herbs, seasoning, and a couple of tablespoons of milk for two small quiche or tartlet crusts. Some people add cream to the egg mixture to make it smoother, so go ahead and add some if you want instead of milk. Consider also adding some chopped red peppers, onions, and broccoli!
- Bake the crust with the filling for another 30 minutes or until the egg has set nicely.