- ½ cup cocoa or 2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Barney Butter Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- Melt butter with the cocoa or chocolate together in a heavy saucepan over medium low, whisking until blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in Barney Butter Almond Flour, salt and walnuts.
- Mix well. Pour into a well buttered 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325 °F for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.