- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, unsalted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons Barney Butter Chocolate Almond Butter Blend
- 1/4 cup more unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons unpasteurized honey (note: strict vegans can use agave)
- Put dates in a bowl with warm water, allow dates to soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Mix together dates, almonds, walnuts, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a food processor until well blended.
- Spread mixture in a 9x5 baking pan (or an 8x8 is okay) until evenly distributed, and press down gently with a spoon.
- Mix together bananas, almond butter, honey, and other 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the food processor until well blended.
- Spread mixture over bottom layer until evenly distributed.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares. Re-freeze whatever you don’t eat, and enjoy at another time!