- 12 tablespoons coconut oil or oil of choice
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Barney Bakery Almond Flour or any other high-quality all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or oil of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (115g) confectioners’ sugar
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- Grease well a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Line the pan with crisscrossed sheets of parchment paper, greasing in between the layers, and then grease the top of the paper. Set the pan aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, place the oil and chocolate. Microwave at 50% power in 45 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla, and mix to combine well. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Once the bowl is no longer hot to the touch add the Barney Bakery Almond Flour, xanthan gum, and eggs, and mix to combine well.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and shake from side to side until it is distributed in an even layer in the pan. Set aside the remaining brownie batter.
Make the Filling:
- Place the Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter, oil, and salt in a small heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Stirring frequently, place over medium-low heat until the almond butter, oil, and salt are melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar, stirring to combine well. The mixture should be smooth.
Assemble the Brownies:
- Pour the almond butter filling evenly over the top of the brownie batter, spread carefully with a wet spatula, and gently shake back and forth to distribute the filling into an even layer in the pan on top of the brownie batter.
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter evenly over the top of the filling, spread carefully with a wet spatula, and once again gently shake back and forth to distribute into an even layer on top.
Bake the Brownies:
- Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake until the sides are firm and the almond butter filling is pock-marked and somewhat dried, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
Make the Ganach & Finish Assembly:
- Once the brownies are nearly cool in the pan, place the chocolate for the ganache in a medium heat-safe bowl.
- Place the coconut cream in a small saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cream begins to simmer.
- Remove from the heat, pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate, and stir until all of the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Pour in an even layer over the top of the brownies. Bang the pan flat on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill until firm. Once firm, remove the brownies from the pan by the overhung parchment paper, and slice into 16 squares. Serve slightly chilled.