- 1 cup Barney Butter Smooth or Crunchy Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar (or sucanat* or raw turbinado sugar*)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (72% cocoa or greater), chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.