- 3 cups Barney Bakery Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg*
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more if desired
*VEGAN ALTERNATIVE:Replace the egg with 1 Flax Egg: 1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water. Replace butter with Earth Balance® Soy Free Buttery Sticks or Spread.
- Line a 12 cup standard cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the almond butter, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to evenly fill the cups with batter.
- Bake at 375F until cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center yields a few moist crumbs, about 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.