- 1 1/2 lbs strawberries (about 3-4 cups)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (just enough to bring it together in the blender!)
- 2 tablespoons Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons agave (or other liquid sweeteners), or to taste
- Chopped strawberries and almonds, for garnish
- Remove green stems off strawberries and rinse well.
- In a blender, add 1/4 cup almond milk, trimmed strawberries, almond extract, and 2 tablespoons Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter. Starting on lowest speed, blend until it comes together. Turn up the speed gradually and blend until as smooth as your blender will make it.
- Taste test and add your desired sweetener. The amount of sweetener you need will depend on how sweet your strawberries are.
- Blend again to combine. [If your blender does not puree the seeds, you can pour the soup through a fine strainer.]
- With blender cover on, place blender in the fridge and chill until very cold, a few hours or overnight. Alternatively, you could chill in a container in the freezer to speed things up.