- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed and chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup of milk (almond milk or cows milk)
- 1 1/4 cup of Barney Butter Unsweetened Powdered Almond Butter
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons chicken stock
- Optional: 1 tablespoon cream
- Heat butter or coconut oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir well; then cover the pot. Let things cook for 10-15 mins, or until onion is transparent and soft.
- Add the steamed broccoli and, using an immersion blender, liquefy the broccoli with the rest of the ingredients. You can also let the mixture cool and blend it in a regular blender, then reheat it before serving.
- Add a dollop of cream to the soup when serving - this is optional but really tasty!