IngredientsPears — (large batch):
- 5 ripe fresh pears
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- vanilla extract
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon Barney Butter Smooth or Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash pears, cut into quarters and remove the core. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine warm water with honey, and vanilla extract. Add pears and mix to coat pears with syrup.
- Place the mixture onto a roasting tray and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon (about 2 teaspoons altogether).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn pears so the skin faces out (this is to get that crispiness). Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the skins are crispy and golden. Serve warm (or cold) with ice cream.
- Place frozen banana and vanilla extract in a high-power blender and blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Add almond butter and blend until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to serve, and drizzle with a little maple syrup.