- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Barney Butter Smooth or Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- Place melted coconut oil, applesauce, almond butter and maple syrup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add pecans and process again leaving small chunks or processing until smooth as preferred.
- Taste and add sweetener of choice if needed.
- Meanwhile, line a loaf pan with parchment or wax paper such that it hangs over the edges. Pour fudge batter into the loaf pan.
- Place loaf pan in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the fudge has solidified into a slab without over-hardening (you should still be able to run a knife through the fudge relatively easily).
- Remove fudge slab from pan by pulling up on paper and then gently peel back the paper before slicing.
- Slice the slab vertically into bars – you should be able to get at least 8 clean bars. Continue to cut down to 24-30 squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer.