- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Smooth Barney Butter
- 1 1/2 cup collard leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- chopped cilantro or mint for garnish (optional)
- Combine the stock, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Barney Butter and 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into a thick paste. Add the collard leaves and ginger to the soup and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the almond butter paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Scatter some fresh herbs on top, if you wish, and serve with lime wedges.