- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Barney Butter Smooth or Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking sodas
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (or substitute 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, almond butter, and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat until well-incorporated. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed butter and sugars and mix on a low speed until just combined. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Make 1 in. balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons) and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden around the edges but still quite soft in the center, 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.