Spicy Asian Slaw
Author: Perry Teague
- 16oz package of shredded slaw mix
- 1/2 green or red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño, halved and sliced thin
- Unsalted peanuts or almonds, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons Barney Butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add the slaw mix, onion, pepper, and jalapeño. Toss to coat. Let rest 5 minutes and toss again.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours, or preferably overnight.